Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1/16 puma value

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 01:03 PM
Forlorn Hope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/16 puma value

A vehicle hit my home and destroyed my 1/16 rc puma. The kit cost me around $1000. I had the thing fully built, painted, and detailed. The adjuster said to find out the value of it if I had a build commisioned. Would anyone be able to tell me what this would cost including shipping? It does not have to be an exact price.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:50 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Commissioned RC model build costs.

For a commissioned RC, quality, model build, I would estimate in the range of $1700.00 to $2000.00 per my experiences. A super detailed custom build would be a third more, over that range; my recommendation.

John

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 04-01-2020 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:45 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

The only question I have is if I am understanding that you paid $1,000 for the kit alone? I don't recall any kit I've seen for sale costing
that much even with postage, and any import duty.. It's still in production so far as I know so it's not particularly difficult to come by however it's certainly not inexpensive. Perhaps the price went up even higher since I purchased mine.

I hope you had photos of it to prove the quality of the model. Valued as much as Pcomm says, and I'm not disputing that, the insurance
company will like to see it. I think we all need to be more conscientious in documenting our models for such an eventuality, heaven forbid we need it...

Jerry
Old 04-01-2020, 08:09 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Visit:

Puma SdKfz 234/2 Spare Parts

Explanation:

The Puma Kit with the optional kit RC parts bundle is $830.00 USD or about 760 Euro, plus a RC Radio System, paint materials, optional custom work to get the steering, axels & wheels to run true plus shipping will get your costs to $1000.00 or a bit more. Going the extra mile and having a commissioned dedicated model engineer and fabricator to perfect rc setup adds greater cost plus the commissioned modeler that finish builds, details and paints the model rounds out the model’s build budget and cost.

Of course, this forum is mostly DIY modelers and my bottom line recommendations would not be all that understandable to them and the hobby cheap skates, but I am not wrong. Big price difference between the rc armor model collectors market and the DIY hobby rc armor enthusiasts market. And that difference is that one gets paid for their talent and time.

John

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 04-01-2020 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:02 PM
Forlorn Hope

It was fully RC'd with rotating turret, gun elevation, el-mod control board, and upgraded gearbox. I cannot upload pictures yet, but will once I can. Thank you for your answers so far.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:30 AM
Tanque

Forlorn Hope I'm sorry you suffered the loss of your model. I hope you are made whole in a timely manner.

Jerry

Old 04-02-2020, 02:08 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

For insurance purposes I would add up the cost of all of the parts and pieces in the original kit, and then triple that. If you ever watch the Antiques Roadshow you'll see that when they give auction estimates they'll sometimes also give an insurance estimate and usually the insurance estimate is almost twice as much as the top auction estimate.
I say to triple it because of the extra expense of having everything assembled and painted. If all the pieces cost $1,000 it's realistic to expect that that kit fully built and ready to run by an experienced RC modeler will be about three times the cost of the components.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:21 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanque
Forlorn Hope I'm sorry you suffered the loss of your model. I hope you are made whole in a timely manner.

Jerry
I echo your remarks,
I sincerely hope I never discover the financial value of my models because high or low it would probably bring on heart failure and if she who must be obeyed finds out how much everything is worth my demise is going to be a lot closer than I care to think about..
Old 04-02-2020, 02:34 AM
Forlorn Hope

Originally Posted by jarndice
I echo your remarks,
I sincerely hope I never discover the financial value of my models because high or low it would probably bring on heart failure and if she who must be obeyed finds out how much everything is worth my demise is going to be a lot closer than I care to think about..
Well my she who must be obeyed had a fully rc'd USS Arizona that was uterly demolished. We are just happy that our daughter was not home at the time or this would have been much worse.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:49 AM
Crius

I hope they let you punch the idiot that hit your house, at least once.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:28 PM
Tanque

It's absolutely none of my business so if you prefer not to answer Forlorn Hope I will understand.

How did someone damage to do that much damage due to, I'm assuming here, some sort of automobile driving error? or was it a fully laden cement truck? Semi?
Abrams?

Jerry
Old 04-02-2020, 07:56 PM
Pcomm1.v2

It's absolutely none of my business so if you prefer not to answer Forlorn Hope I will understand.

How did someone damage to do that much damage due to, I'm assuming here, some sort of automobile driving error? or was it a fully laden cement truck? Semi?The
Abrams?

Jerry
Hint. In LA, cars driven by drunk or drugged out fools crash into homes and garages almost daily and it is a TV local news worthy event, for some reason. John

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 04-02-2020 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:30 PM
Forlorn Hope

How did someone damage to do that much damage due to, I'm assuming here, some sort of automobile driving error? or was it a fully laden cement truck? Semi?
Abrams?

Jerry
He hit at 50+ miles an hour. I have a cement retaining wall to control the water drainage about 20ft from the house; he hit this launching him into the air. He impacted the house about 3ft above the ground, and got half the car in the house. The pumas display was right where he hit sending it flying across the room.
The impact also destroyed the supporting arch for part of the second floor causing part of a room to sink into the room below.
​​​​​He would have probably gone completely through the house if not for the retaining wall, and the old style construction of the house (solid oak 4x4's for wall studs with solid oak siding). Still the damages for the houses structure are over $100,000 as a large part of it needs to be rebuilt just to be safe. Currently the building is condemned until it can be properly fixed.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:33 PM
Crius

I stand corrected, you should get to punch him multiple times.