Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

TMMY Scale Composites 27% (120") Cessna 182 TC Skylane.

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

TMMY Scale Composites 27% (120") Cessna 182 TC Skylane.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 04:25 PM
V35BFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RonTins
Kim. Check your inbox.
Thanks.
Check your inbox.
Kim
Old 10-31-2019, 10:20 AM
RonTins

Originally Posted by V35BFLYER
Check your inbox.
Kim
Kim. Please check your inbox for response to your questions. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:29 PM
Austars

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi guys,
Been awhile since I've posted on RC Universe and have been contemplating the purchase, for some time, of a TMMY giant scale 120" Cessna 182. Yesterday I sent an email to what I thought was the address for the factory in Thailand. (I really don't want to do business with any third parties/distributors, unless ABSOLUTELY necessary). Within 24 hours I received answers to my questions EXCEPT they came from some company called "Austars, guy named Steve."
Don't get me wrong as I understand there are some "language" things that lose meanings, yet "Steve" did answer my questions but I am still not COMPLETELY clear on what a customer receives from this company when ordering one of these 120" Cessna 182s.
I would GREATLY appreciate ANYONE from the USA who has actually ordered AND received one of the 120" (not the 35% one) Cessna 182. Here are my questions that were directed to the factory in Thailand...
1.What is the cost of this airplane? Base price?

2. What ALL is included in the BASE price?

3. Are there any "options" that can be purchased and what are they and cost of each? Any suggestions about what SHOULD be ordered with
this model that do not come with the base price, if there is such a thing? The reason I mention this is because their website mentions a "Version 2".
What is the Version 2? An up-graded model of the 182?

4. What does the shipping cost to the USA by boat? (I'm in AZ, and can pick up at the dock in
Long Beach or wherever the boat docks). Not interested in paying air freight, door-to-door.

5. What is the deposit when I order or do I pay for the model in full? Does the factory accept credit cards?

6. Can I select the paint design for the plane or does this cost extra? Does the paint scheme include an "N" number or is that extra?

7. What is the current time to ship from placing my order? In other words, how many weeks or months until Ireceive my plane, approximately? I am in no hurry and can wait.

8. Can I buy this directly from the factory there in Thailand? Having read several threads for these planes, evidently there are distributors
in Australia and Canada?

What else can one of you who have actually received one of these 120" Cessnas fill me in about, other than the obvious choices of engines and servos, etc.
Note, I've been flying an RC Guys 96" wingspan Cessna 150 for several years so am up-to-speed on how I imagine the 182 Cessna will fly.

Thank you in advance. Your advice and suggestions are VERY welcomed!
Kim in AZ
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Kim:
Thanks for your message here.
1. The reason why you got the reply from us "Austars Model" is "Austars is the co-partner for this project with Tommy Team, As the team in Thailand been busy for their local Military projects and no time to reply the emails"
2. Austars is the investor for this project, 120" Cessna 182, we paid all the molds fees etc.
3. Austars responsible for customer service/parts. Recently Jeff from USA just ordered parts from us, we passed the team, gotall and sent to him few weeks ago.
4. We replied you and said you can directly place the order from the team, the email is only for reference. Some people may like to deal with us, some might not. We have no problem for customer service as long as modellers feel happy. We explained months ago on FB and told the public now we are back and try our best to make all projects under control.

Kind regards
Teamaustars
Old 10-31-2019, 03:49 PM
Austars

Youtube has some videos including the guys review for the red/white/coastguard
V2 means the version that cowl can be made openable same as the big one 157 inch.
Another magazine review by the lady from Australia can be found from our local airborne magazine.

Cheers.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:14 PM
damonwill

What size is your prop? And where did you get it?? I'm looking for a replacement...
Old 01-23-2020, 11:29 PM
Austars

Originally Posted by damonwill
What size is your prop? And where did you get it?? I'm looking for a replacement...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi
not sure the engine you power the plane, for scale propeller, Biela is the best one.
There are many vendors selling Biela props, three blade is the best match,

Cheers
Old 03-22-2020, 02:14 PM
RonTins

Due to the elevator trim tab being around the area of the elevator that is the most thinnest, means that micro servos are the only types of servos that can be used. I intend using a Futaba S3777SV that has metal gears however only nylon arms are supplied with it. If these nylon arms are used, it could cause flutter as a small amount of pressure applied on the trim tab, deflected the trim tab quite a bit. Are there any servo arms small enough to fit micro servos specifically Futaba micros?

I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe in light of this virus pandemic.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:13 PM
Austars

Thanks Ron and all modellers worldwide, stay safe and take care

we will pass to the production team and tell the public (might be) the arm be metal better than nylon, right?

thanks again
Teamaustars
Old 03-30-2020, 06:21 PM
RonTins

Originally Posted by Austars
Thanks Ron and all modellers worldwide, stay safe and take care

we will pass to the production team and tell the public (might be) the arm be metal better than nylon, right?

thanks again
Teamaustars
Perhaps I failed to articulate out my question properly, Teamaustars. What I was asking was for recommendations on servo arms that are metal and can be used with micro servos instead of nylon servo arms that are supplied with micros, specifically Futaba S3777SV HV servos.
Thank you.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:07 PM
Austars

Got you Ron, just sent Tmmy a message, we forgot that as long time ago we built one here.
take care and stay safe.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:38 PM
Austars

Ron:
Tmmy replied, 25T metal servo arm for 450 helicopter be ok. we will send you an email regarding this
Cheers
Old 04-01-2020, 07:43 PM
RonTins

Originally Posted by Austars
Ron:
Tmmy replied, 25T metal servo arm for 450 helicopter be ok. we will send you an email regarding this
Cheers
Thank you kindly.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:29 AM
Austars

Hi Ward
email sent
Cheers
Teamaustars
Old 04-20-2020, 04:42 PM
RonTins

What are folks doing with their builds the beginning of our house arrest?
Old 05-01-2020, 09:38 AM
RonTins

So I have been pondering on ways to install servos for my elevator halves and rudder and thought of building a plate cradled on formers glued in the rear section of the fuselage, behind the partition in the rear cabin area. There are two servo trays glued in that section, one on the floor and the other above, I guess to control the elevators and rudder respectively. Since I intend to have each elevator half controlled by a servo, I need to alter the configuration or setup a bit. Has anyone thought of similar modification or have any ideas to install their control surface servos differently?

Last edited by RonTins; 05-01-2020 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:03 AM
RonTins

I just got done with bolting my engine onto the firewall however I have run into a problem which is trying to align the engine's drive-hub to the cowlings propeller opening.

Old 05-06-2021, 11:55 AM
hannah76

Yep, looks like the engine has to be mounted higher... (raise the bolt holes)?
Might try hanging/rigging the plane nose up, set the engine/mount in place, slip on cowl to line it up, slip the cowl off then mark the location to drill... just a thought..

Looks great though...that will be a great sounding setup!

Last edited by hannah76; 05-06-2021 at 12:07 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-06-2021, 01:24 PM
V35BFLYER

If you've got the engine set now at 3 degrees down and to the right, about the only thing you could do is to raise it up
to align with the opening in the cowl.

In the event you should EVER want to part with yours, please contact me.

Last edited by V35BFLYER; 05-06-2021 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:48 PM
RonTins

Text deleted...

Thank you.

Last edited by RonTins; 05-07-2021 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:52 PM
RonTins

Originally Posted by hannah76
Yep, looks like the engine has to be mounted higher... (raise the bolt holes)?
Might try hanging/rigging the plane nose up, set the engine/mount in place, slip on cowl to line it up, slip the cowl off then mark the location to drill... just a thought..

Looks great though...that will be a great sounding setup!
You do have a very good set of eyes Hannah. The engine needs to be raised a few millimeters up and angled downward about 3 degrees as pointed out by V35BFlyer so I'll need to prepare another back plate to drill new holes that will raise the engine higher.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:37 PM
V35BFLYER

This is from Tommy's email dated April 2nd.
He said, "I’m sorry I no longer make (the) 1/5 Cessna. Currently, only 1/4 and 1/3 models are being offered."

Sorry Mr. Ward, it's been a loooong day. Tommy has ceased the ~7 foot 1/5 scale model. NOT the two bigger ones.
Very sorry for any confusion on this and my sincere apologies..

Last edited by V35BFLYER; 05-06-2021 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:19 PM
Austars

Hi All

Just be clear that 157" & 120" still under production. The molds for 120" invested by TeamAustars long time ago. We are one team now for different projects. Now Tommy team are busy for the local UAV projects. We have been busy for global drone projects as well.

83" Cessna, yes, Tommy team have no more time to make that. We are happy to provide services if you need. Our WhatsApp is listed on our website

Cheers
Steve
Teamaustars
Old 05-06-2021, 06:56 PM
Mbrunhoeber

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That looks awesome! Nice work.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:37 AM
RonTins

If you've got the engine set now at 3 degrees down and to the right, about the only thing you could do is to raise it up
to align with the opening in the cowl.

In the event you should EVER want to part with yours, please contact me.
Do you drill your holes at a 3 degree angle or drill them perpendicular to the surface and achieve down thrust by using washers?
Old 05-07-2021, 12:36 PM
V35BFLYER

Originally Posted by RonTins
Do you drill your holes at a 3 degree angle or drill them perpendicular to the surface and achieve down thrust by using washers?
This -----> "drill them perpendicular to the surface and achieve down thrust by using washers."

What I do is start with three small washers on the UPPER left side (left side being on the LEFT SIDE)
between the engine itself and the respective standoff. LOWER left I use two small washers. UPPER right I use two
small washers, and LOWER right no washers.

I have no experience with hard plastic/nylon standoff spacers which it appears you're using. All of mine are
aluminum. If those hold up well through repeated use, you should be ok long term. And, are you positive that
there is no right-and-down thrust built into the Cessna's firewall?

Caveat....I noticed that your cowl is "fixed" to the fuselage whereas most gasser's cowls can be "adjusted" TO
the centerline of the crank AFTER the down-and-right adjustments to the engine. I would think that with the larger
size of the 182's cowl, that the engine's crankshaft might possibly not be in complete alignment with the center
opening in the cowl after addition of the washers. Personally, it would not be as big a concern for me due to what I
would think is a miniscule offset when seen straight on. The backplate on the spinner would hide some of that anyway.

But....I would first fly the plane sans cowl with the above-mentioned washers in place to see how much right rudder
is STILL required at takeoff with the engine you're using, plus in-flight, how does the plane track at full and half throttle
settings. Is it still turning left? Does right rudder TRIM trim this out without using the aileron trim for straight-and-level?
You'll undoubtedly need several flights to get the Cessna trimmed correctly (maybe more or less washers as well) just
be sensitive to HOW it is turning in flight at most throttle settings. Different engines will require more or less down-and-right
thrust due to several factors with each individual engine brand and size.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.