Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

TMMY Scale Composites 27% (120") Cessna 182 TC Skylane.

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

TMMY Scale Composites 27% (120") Cessna 182 TC Skylane.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 03:53 PM
RonTins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking around lately for an engine motor mount in an assembly kit form for this Cessna. The dimensions of this motor mount cannot exceed 7.5" wide by 6.0" in height and 4.0" deep. If there is anyone with knowledge of where to acquire one, please do share with me.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:57 PM
scottkieper
My Feedback: (10)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

see my motor mount pics I will try to send
Old 03-06-2017, 05:05 PM
scottkieper

ron this is my mounting. all mounts and plate came with your plane, it came out great with the engine cowl.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tommy 2.jpg
Views:	2806
Size:	606.3 KB
ID:	2204257  
Old 03-07-2017, 04:51 PM
RonTins

Originally Posted by scottkieper
ron this is my mounting. all mounts and plate came with your plane, it came out great with the engine cowl.
Scott-- Your setup is beautiful and clean. Is that a 100cc gas engine you have bolted on? I will be powering my Cessna with an OS-320 Pegasus, which is a 53cc glow engine. I want to build plates with shelves to keep 5 batteries up front which is why I have been exploring wood assembly kits for the engine box. Underneath or in front of the engine box, I'd like to build pocket for a servo that will adjust the engines needle valve for fuel/air mixture going into the carb.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:51 PM
scottkieper

dle 120
Old 10-29-2017, 02:45 PM
RonTins

Hi Scottkeeper:

Were you required to angle your engine down a few degrees to center the propeller shaft with the engine cowling? After studying mine a bit, I think it would require the mount to be angled down some. I'm not sure of the actual number in degrees. Will have it measured soon. I'm designing a mount for Sierra Giant Scale to make me one. Hope your build is going well.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:30 AM
hannah76

Hi RonTins.....how's the Cessna coming along?
Old 12-01-2017, 02:35 PM
RonTins

Hi Hannah. Unfortunately, there has'nt been much headway done on the Cessna yet. I designed an engine stand for my OS 320 Pegasus and sent it to Sierra Giant Scale to have one made as well as a nose strut. While in this waiting period, I have been thinking through the elevators and rudder linkages to the servos. Because the fuselage isn't a two piece, it makes for a difficult setup. How are you faring with yours?

Ron
Old 12-01-2017, 04:00 PM
hannah76

Nice....sounds like it will be worth the wait. The sound of that engine will be sweet!!!
I haven't done anything with mine in a while.....been a couple months since it has flown. I have an addition going on at the house at the moment which is tying up what little free time I have. That said, I do plan to do a little bit to it this winter. I have to get a pilot in it.....looks kind of silly with no pilot. I also need to finish the landing lights, and I may go back and thin down the pilot's door......maybe....
You'll have to post some pics of that engine mounted when you get it all squared away!
Brian
Old 12-02-2017, 02:58 PM
RonTins

Haha... It seems we think alike.. I can hardly stand rc airplanes flying arond without a full sized pilot in them. Mine definitely will have one. Working on getting lighting to replace the stock ones. For whatever reason, it seems not to sit well with me using the ones that tommy provided. I think the Unilight controller with their lights will illuminate better during the day and definitely awesome at dusk. How about breaks? I intend to retrofit mine with breaks, as well as inflatable wheels. Oh, and my engine would also have an onboard starter which I acquired from Fema..
Old 07-08-2019, 08:21 AM
RonTins

So... I am in the process of getting servos for my Cessna and want to know which of the flying surfaces will take up more servo power. Ailerons, Flaps, Elevator and Rudder assuming flying will be in a scale-like manner at all times.

Thanks.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:14 AM
hannah76

I found the flaps needed more on my 206 (hinge line is low, flaps large, and they have some weight to them)....went back and installed JR 8711's, and improved the arm set up/geometry a little bit. It is much better now.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:46 AM
RonTins

Originally Posted by hannah76
I found the flaps needed more on my 206 (hinge line is low, flaps large, and they have some weight to them)....went back and installed JR 8711's, and improved the arm set up/geometry a little bit. It is much better now.
Thanks Hannah. I sometimes forget flaps are quite essential and require servos with a bit more grunt to them. How about your elevators and ailerons? How many oz/in do you have for each of them?
Old 07-09-2019, 06:51 PM
scottkieper

Ron I used DS HV 8911 on every thing that what I had laying around..
Old 07-10-2019, 07:41 AM
RonTins

Thanks family. That helps me a lot in selecting the right servos for this Cessna. It's really not a small bird and with past builds I have completed, I have come up a few pounds overweight so I reckon this may be similar and would be great investing in good servos.
Has anyone tried using Robart Fowler Flaps or similar on their builds and if so what your findings, recommendations or reviews were?

Thanks.

Last edited by RonTins; 07-10-2019 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:06 AM
hannah76

Originally Posted by RonTins
Thanks Hannah. I sometimes forget flaps are quite essential and require servos with a bit more grunt to them. How about your elevators and ailerons? How many oz/in do you have for each of them?
Yes, I didn't want to break the bank for servos on a plane that gets flown like a trainer.
It is a big gasser though....120+ oz...metal gear...solid linkages.... I think I used hitec 5665MH on rest of surfaces.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:08 AM
RonTins

Can anyone here confirm that this is tommy's email address?
[email protected]

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:05 AM
Austars

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Ron:
Yes, Tommy's email address is right. Here Austars back again on the right track, more photos and products can be found via FB.
Let us know if you need any support. We are happy to follow up.

BTW, We have new group buy activity for 120" Cessna 182, So far there are two customers very interested in this deal, we need 3 more and get very good discount. It is win-win for all. Modeller can save $$$ and easily for the team to produce.

our email
[email protected]
RC Giant Scale Planes,RC Helicopters/Multi-Roters,UAVs,RC Cars,RC Tanks,Boats - Austars-Model
whatapp: 0061 0433 000 015

Cheers
Teamaustars
Old 08-17-2019, 04:03 AM
Austars

HI RonTins:

Have you solved the problems? you can send the message to our email box" [email protected]" then we forward to him.
Let us know if you need support.
Cheers
Old 09-28-2019, 03:15 PM
RonTins

I asked Tommy to create a modified horizontal stabilizer and I couldn't have asked for any better. This stabilizer is a lot more sturdy and comes in three sections with functional trim tab. Enjoy these pictures.

Last edited by RonTins; 09-28-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:23 AM
Austars

Thanks Ward:
Very nice!
We will pass it to the team
Old 09-30-2019, 10:24 AM
hannah76

Looks Awesome!!!
Old 10-02-2019, 06:37 PM
RonTins

Originally Posted by hannah76
Looks Awesome!!!
Thanks Hannah. I can't wait to have my servo from tower hobbies installed and working on the trim tab. I initially gave Tommy measurements for a micro servo instead of the measurements for Futaba's S3172SV which is a little bigger but slimmer.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:17 PM
V35BFLYER

Default TMMY Cessna 182 - 120"

Hi guys,
Been awhile since I've posted on RC Universe and have been contemplating the purchase, for some time, of a TMMY giant scale 120" Cessna 182. Yesterday I sent an email to what I thought was the address for the factory in Thailand. (I really don't want to do business with any third parties/distributors, unless ABSOLUTELY necessary). Within 24 hours I received answers to my questions EXCEPT they came from some company called "Austars, guy named Steve."
Don't get me wrong as I understand there are some "language" things that lose meanings, yet "Steve" did answer my questions but I am still not COMPLETELY clear on what a customer receives from this company when ordering one of these 120" Cessna 182s.
I would GREATLY appreciate ANYONE from the USA who has actually ordered AND received one of the 120" (not the 35% one) Cessna 182. Here are my questions that were directed to the factory in Thailand...
1.What is the cost of this airplane? Base price?

2. What ALL is included in the BASE price?

3. Are there any "options" that can be purchased and what are they and cost of each? Any suggestions about what SHOULD be ordered with
this model that do not come with the base price, if there is such a thing? The reason I mention this is because their website mentions a "Version 2".
What is the Version 2? An up-graded model of the 182?

4. What does the shipping cost to the USA by boat? (I'm in AZ, and can pick up at the dock in
Long Beach or wherever the boat docks). Not interested in paying air freight, door-to-door.

5. What is the deposit when I order or do I pay for the model in full? Does the factory accept credit cards?

6. Can I select the paint design for the plane or does this cost extra? Does the paint scheme include an "N" number or is that extra?

7. What is the current time to ship from placing my order? In other words, how many weeks or months until Ireceive my plane, approximately? I am in no hurry and can wait.

8. Can I buy this directly from the factory there in Thailand? Having read several threads for these planes, evidently there are distributors
in Australia and Canada?

What else can one of you who have actually received one of these 120" Cessnas fill me in about, other than the obvious choices of engines and servos, etc.
Note, I've been flying an RC Guys 96" wingspan Cessna 150 for several years so am up-to-speed on how I imagine the 182 Cessna will fly.

Thank you in advance. Your advice and suggestions are VERY welcomed!
Kim in AZ

Last edited by V35BFLYER; 10-29-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Spacing
Old 10-29-2019, 03:51 PM
RonTins

Default TMMY Cessna 182 - 120"

Originally Posted by V35BFLYER
Hi guys,
Been awhile since I've posted on RC Universe and have been contemplating the purchase, for some time, of a TMMY giant scale 120" Cessna 182. Yesterday I sent an email to what I thought was the address for the factory in Thailand. (I really don't want to do business with any third parties/distributors, unless ABSOLUTELY necessary). Within 24 hours I received answers to my questions EXCEPT they came from some company called "Austars, guy named Steve."
Don't get me wrong as I understand there are some "language" things that lose meanings, yet "Steve" did answer my questions but I am still not COMPLETELY clear on what a customer receives from this company when ordering one of these 120" Cessna 182s.
I would GREATLY appreciate ANYONE from the USA who has actually ordered AND received one of the 120" (not the 35% one) Cessna 182. Here are my questions that were directed to the factory in Thailand...
1.What is the cost of this airplane? Base price?

2. What ALL is included in the BASE price?

3. Are there any "options" that can be purchased and what are they and cost of each? Any suggestions about what SHOULD be ordered with
this model that do not come with the base price, if there is such a thing? The reason I mention this is because their website mentions a "Version 2".
What is the Version 2? An up-graded model of the 182?

4. What does the shipping cost to the USA by boat? (I'm in AZ, and can pick up at the dock in
Long Beach or wherever the boat docks). Not interested in paying air freight, door-to-door.

5. What is the deposit when I order or do I pay for the model in full? Does the factory accept credit cards?

6. Can I select the paint design for the plane or does this cost extra? Does the paint scheme include an "N" number or is that extra?

7. What is the current time to ship from placing my order? In other words, how many weeks or months until Ireceive my plane, approximately? I am in no hurry and can wait.

8. Can I buy this directly from the factory there in Thailand? Having read several threads for these planes, evidently there are distributors
in Australia and Canada?

What else can one of you who have actually received one of these 120" Cessnas fill me in about, other than the obvious choices of engines and servos, etc.
Note, I've been flying an RC Guys 96" wingspan Cessna 150 for several years so am up-to-speed on how I imagine the 182 Cessna will fly.

Thank you in advance. Your advice and suggestions are VERY welcomed!
Kim in AZ
Kim. Check your inbox.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.