Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Help with signal loss

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 03:18 PM
SKYLLZ1014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with signal loss

Hey fellas, I’m a relatively new to the RC car world but can fix anything and recently was given a used 1/18 scale ECX torment 4X4 SC truck. Yes, I know they’re not the greatest of RC’s but it was free so who am I to complain...lol...Anyhow, I’ve only used it a few times as I’ve been having issues with it constantly losing signal between car & transmitter. To my knowledge it hasn’t been used all that much and the esc, motor suspension etc. are all in good condition. Anyhow, I’ve already tried all the obvious things with charged/new batteries and all that. I’m sure there’s plenty of RC masters on here so I wanted to run it by you guys and see what I should do as it would be such waste to leave it sitting there. Is it bad esc or something like that?? If anyone can at at least point me in the right direction it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanx!
Old 04-01-2020, 11:18 AM
MrFrenz

There is a lot of probability like problem with receiver,transmitter,esc etc but could be also because of loose connection. Maybe you can try to held the car steady and check singal losing still occurs.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:41 PM
SKYLLZ1014

I found a small issue with it that I thought was going to end up being the issue causing the signal drop which was frayed wiring going into the EC3 connector coming out of ESC where the battery plugs in but I completely cut bad connector off, fixed wiring and soldered new connector on but unfortunately still having the signal drop. I actually just fixed the connector issue today, was waiting for new connector to be delivered, and ran it around for about 5-10 mins and started having issue again. Sooo after a bunch of cursing and anger since the wiring I thought was the problem actually wasn’t lol, I did pick it up and ran it while holding it steady in my hand and it DID in fact drop the signal while holding it as well. I also noticed today while trying to mess around with it that the ESC status light will blink slowly as it does when it’s searching for the transmitter. So now I’m not sure if the issue is with the transmitter itself or the antenna on the esc. Batteries are all brand new in controller/transmitter so it’s not for lack of power. I am going to attempt to take apart the controller tonight and see if there is any loose connections inside. However I am noticing at first glance that where the switch and adjustment panel is on the top of the controller, it can’t be split apart in that section without completely peeling off the false cover that goes around the buttons. So I am going to attempt to take apart the controller tonight and see if there is any loose connections inside. However I am noticing at first glance that where the switch and adjustment panel is on the top of the controller, it can’t be split apart in that section without completely peeling off the false cover that goes around the buttons. So now I’m not sure how far I want to go with that since I don’t want to damage it. I’d hate to have to bring it to hobby shops for repair but I’m not sure if I have any choice at this point. Any other tips with new info I found would be greatly appreciated

Originally Posted by MrFrenz
There is a lot of probability like problem with receiver,transmitter,esc etc but could be also because of loose connection. Maybe you can try to held the car steady and check singal losing still occurs.