Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

Telemetry?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Are you serious?

Originally Posted by aaronforth
There is no printed instructions that I know of.
Unbelievable!
Old 07-27-2017, 04:42 AM
Snake Bite
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Telemetry Instructions

Hi Aaronforth,
I just typed up a set of instructions expanded from the instructions you sent me. As you are the provider and inspuration for their creation, I wanted to send them to you and have you look them over before I post them. If you like, please send me your e-mail address and I will e-mail it to you. I have also included the instructions for the "Y" cable. This should help out those who come later looking for answers.

Respectfully,
Jake
[email protected]
Old 07-27-2017, 07:21 AM
bluesky0579

Here is also a Guide: https://kingtechturbine.lu/media/man...rGuide_004.pdf
Old 07-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Snake Bite

How to connect your Spektrum DX18/ Kingtech K-180G/ Spectrum TM1000/ Kingtech KT-Telemetry/ and Power Box Receiver.The following is credited to “AARONFORTH” @ RC Universe. I took a look in the RCU forum to see if anyone else had, or is having issues trying to connect the Kingtech TM-telemetry module to their Power Box system, while using a Spektrum Radio system. AARONFORTH was kind enough to respond with a brief list of instructions. I thought, I should pay it back and provide a detailed list of instructions to support the instructions, for anyone else who may come after me looking for the same thing. This was my take on the short list of instructions provided to me and what I did to get my system working.Let me first provide a warning that was provided to me by Spektrum and Kingtech….. DO NOT CONNECT THE KINGTECH TELEMETRY MODULE USING THE STANDARD SPEKTRUM X-BUS CABLE! Doing so will damage the telemetry module! Please read this document all the way through before attempting this.The items needed or used for this setup are as follows:1. Spektrum DX18 Transmitter2. Power Box Royal SRS3. Spektrum DSMX Satellite Receivers4. Kingtech K-180 G Model Turbine5. Kingtech KT-Telemetry Module w/ (included X-bus cable wired different from a normal x-Bus cable)6. Spektrum TM1000 Telemetry ModuleSo let’s get started.1. First connect all your Spektrum Satellite Receivers to your Power Box unit.2. Connect your turbine, ECU,GCU, through the Kingtech telemetry module as instructed in the manual.3. Now, position your Spektrum TM1000 telemetry module on its side, with the data port cable connected to the TM1000 only, and not the Power Box.4. Turn on your Power Box, and put it into bind mode. Once in bind mode, the satellite receivers should be flashing.5. With your Transmitter off, push and hold in the button on the side of the TM1000, and while continuing to hold the button, plug the data cable from the TM1000 into the “Tele” port on the Power Box. The light on the TM1000 should flash now.6. Next, Hold the bind button on your transmitter, and turn it on. The transmitter should now bind to the receiver and the telemetry module.7. Now, shut down the receiver, then the transmitter.8. With the power off, connect the Kingtech provided X-bus cable, (Specially wired), to the KingTech KT-Telemetry module via the “Spektrum” port.9. Now, connect the other end of the Kingtech provided X-bus cable, (Specially wired), to the Spektrum TM1000, X-bus port.10. Now, power up your transmitter, enter your telemetry menu, and turn one of your menu points to “Turbine”. Exit the menu back to home screen.11. Now, power up your receiver. You should now be receiving telemetry data from your turbine ECU. And the light on the Kingtech KT Telemetry module should be flashing green, meaning that data is being transmitted.At this point, you have established a telemetry data connection between the Power Box and the Turbine Telemetry module. As you may know, you are not receiving data from your Power Box unit. In order to get this data simultaneously while receiving turbine telemetry, you will have to splice the Kingtech X-bus cable to a “normally wired” Spektrum X-bus cable. Warning… If this is done wrong, damage to your system will occur!! If you attempt this, you do so at your own risk! Take the Kingtech provided X-bus cable, (Specially wired), and label it so you do not get it mixed up in the following steps. DO the same for the Spektrum, normal X-bus cable. For the following steps, DO NOT USE YOUR KINGTECH SPECIAL X-BUS CABLE!!!!!!As there is no X-bus “Y” cables on the market, if you want to receive telemetry data from both your radio and your turbine ECU, you will have to properly splice these cables together in the proper order so as to make your own “Y” cable. Before cutting any cables, properly diagram them on a piece of paper, pin for pin, and color for color, both the Kingtech special cable and the normal Spektrum X-bus cable. After this, put your Spektrum Special X-bus cable away and do not use it!!!The “Y” cable I made was made from 2 Spektrum X-bus cables. I left the original Kingtech, provided X-bus cable, (Specially wired), alone and did not try to adapt that one. From the two Spektrum X-bus cables, I took one cable, and cut off the end of one side of it. From the other X-bus cable, I cut it in directly in half. I stripped, and tinned, all three, of wire ends. Then using a small piece of heat shrink for all the lines, I soldier each set of wires to its respective color, (the 3 blacks together, the three grey together, the three orange together, and the three reds together), and covered them with the heat shrink tubing. At this point, you should have the three X-bus connectors “Y” together.Before you proceed, take a label and on two of the connectors, label “Spektrum”, on them.Now, make a label called Kingtech, and place it on the last connector.This is this connector we are going to rewire for positive communication to the Kingtech KT Telemetry X-bus port. Once properly labeled, take a tiny pick or a hobby knife and carefully remove all pins from the connector. Pay close attention on how they came out so you can get a good idea of the direction they go, when you go to put them back in.With all the wires removed, Place the connector on a flat surface with the restraining tabs facing up. Looking from the back of the connector, left to right, place the wired connectors in the jack starting with Brown, then Grey, Then Orange, and finally, Black and this will wire the connector for the Kingtech telemetry module.Be very careful not to force the pins in the connector. Once you have the connector rewired, CHECK IT TWO MORE TIMES VERY CAREFULLY before you plug it to your system! IF IT IS WRONG, YOU COULD DAMAGE YOUR SYSTEM! Good luck and enjoy!
Old 07-27-2017, 11:11 AM
aaronforth

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a quick note on the Y harness.

You don't need to cross the wires in the Y harness. Just make a normal Spektrum x-bus Y harness. The wires get crossed into the right orientation when you use the KT supplied x-bus cable.

On the other hand.. if you crossed the wires in the Y harness already this allows you to use a normal Spectrum extention.

Do not use your modified Y harness with the crossed wires AND the KT supplied x-bus! !
Old 07-27-2017, 02:44 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Fantastic.

Originally Posted by bluesky0579
Fantastic, thanks for sharing the link.

Jan
Old 07-29-2017, 06:23 AM
clavin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snake Bite
Has anyone tried to use the Kingtech KT Telemetry module with Spectrum DX18 radio? I purchased the unit to use instead of the GSU on start up. I have a three sheet instruction and I have followed it to the letter, however, I have not been able to get the unit to work. I am using a DX18 transmitter/ Powerbox Royal SRS w/ DSMX satellites/ Spektrum TM1000 telemetry module/ and the Kingtech K-180G turbine and ECU. All of this is less than a month old. I can connect the telemetry module to other receivers, how ever, when trying to add the Kingtech telemetry module, no data is transmitted from the Kingtech telemetry module.

If any one out there can lend a hand, I would greatly appreciate it. My first jet should be delivered in a week or two, and I would like to install this in this jet.

Thanks for any assistance!
Jake
You MUST use the telemetry cable that came with the adapter if it is a new KingTech GSU!!!

Thanks
Old 08-01-2017, 08:08 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

How to connect your Spektrum DX18/ Kingtech K-180G/ Spectrum TM1000/ Kingtech KT-Telemetry/ and Power Box Receiver.The following is credited to “AARONFORTH” @ RC Universe.

I took a look in the RCU forum to see if anyone else had, or is having issues trying to connect the Kingtech TM-telemetry module to their Power Box system, while using a Spektrum Radio system. AARONFORTH was kind enough to respond with a brief list of instructions. I thought, I should pay it back and provide a detailed list of instructions to support the instructions, for anyone else who may come after me looking for the same thing. This was my take on the short list of instructions provided to me and what I did to get my system working.Let me first provide a warning that was provided to me by Spektrum and Kingtech…..

DO NOT CONNECT THE KINGTECH TELEMETRY MODULE USING THE STANDARD SPEKTRUM X-BUS CABLE! Doing so will damage the telemetry module! Please read this document all the way through before attempting this.
The items needed or used for this setup are as follows:
1. Spektrum DX18 Transmitter
2. Power Box Royal SRS
3. Spektrum DSMX Satellite Receivers
4. Kingtech K-180 G Model Turbine
5. Kingtech KT-Telemetry Module w/ (included X-bus cable wired different from a normal x-Bus cable)
6. Spektrum TM1000 Telemetry Module

So let’s get started
1. First connect all your Spektrum Satellite Receivers to your Power Box unit.
2. Connect your turbine, ECU,GCU, through the Kingtech telemetry module as instructed in the manual.
3. Now, position your Spektrum TM1000 telemetry module on its side, with the data port cable connected to the TM1000 only, and not the Power Box.
4. Turn on your Power Box, and put it into bind mode. Once in bind mode, the satellite receivers should be flashing.
5. With your Transmitter off, push and hold in the button on the side of the TM1000, and while continuing to hold the button, plug the data cable from the TM1000 into the “Tele” port on the Power Box. The light on the TM1000 should flash now.
6. Next, Hold the bind button on your transmitter, and turn it on. The transmitter should now bind to the receiver and the telemetry module.
7. Now, shut down the receiver, then the transmitter.
8. With the power off, connect the Kingtech provided X-bus cable, (Specially wired), to the KingTech KT-Telemetry module via the “Spektrum” port.
9. Now, connect the other end of the Kingtech provided X-bus cable, (Specially wired), to the Spektrum TM1000, X-bus port.
10. Now, power up your transmitter, enter your telemetry menu, and turn one of your menu points to “Turbine”. Exit the menu back to home screen.
11. Now, power up your receiver. You should now be receiving telemetry data from your turbine ECU. And the light on the Kingtech KT Telemetry module should be flashing green, meaning that data is being transmitted.
At this point, you have established a telemetry data connection between the Power Box and the Turbine Telemetry module. As you may know, you are not receiving data from your Power Box unit. In order to get this data simultaneously while receiving turbine telemetry, you will have to splice the Kingtech X-bus cable to a “normally wired” Spektrum X-bus cable. Warning… If this is done wrong, damage to your system will occur!! If you attempt this, you do so at your own risk!

Take the Kingtech provided X-bus cable, (Specially wired), and label it so you do not get it mixed up in the following steps. DO the same for the Spektrum, normal X-bus cable.
For the following steps, DO NOT USE YOUR KINGTECH SPECIAL X-BUS CABLE!!!!!!As there is no X-bus “Y” cables on the market, if you want to receive telemetry data from both your radio and your turbine ECU, you will have to properly splice these cables together in the proper order so as to make your own “Y” cable.
Before cutting any cables, properly diagram them on a piece of paper, pin for pin, and color for color, both the Kingtech special cable and the normal Spektrum X-bus cable.
After this, put your Spektrum Special X-bus cable away and do not use it!!!The “Y” cable I made was made from 2 Spektrum X-bus cables. I left the original Kingtech, provided X-bus cable, (Specially wired), alone and did not try to adapt that one.

From the two Spektrum X-bus cables, I took one cable, and cut off the end of one side of it. From the other X-bus cable, I cut it in directly in half. I stripped, and tinned, all three, of wire ends.
Then using a small piece of heat shrink for all the lines, I soldier each set of wires to its respective color, (the 3 blacks together, the three grey together, the three orange together, and the three reds together), and covered them with the heat shrink tubing.
At this point, you should have the three X-bus connectors “Y” together.Before you proceed, take a label and on two of the connectors, label “Spektrum”, on them.

Now, make a label called Kingtech, and place it on the last connector.This is this connector we are going to rewire for positive communication to the Kingtech KT Telemetry X-bus port.
Once properly labeled, take a tiny pick or a hobby knife and carefully remove all pins from the connector. Pay close attention on how they came out so you can get a good idea of the direction they go, when you go to put them back in.
With all the wires removed, Place the connector on a flat surface with the restraining tabs facing up. Looking from the back of the connector, left to right, place the wired connectors in the jack starting with Brown, then Grey, then Orange, and finally, Black and this will wire the connector for the Kingtech telemetry module.

Be very careful not to force the pins in the connector. Once you have the connector rewired, CHECK IT TWO MORE TIMES VERY CAREFULLY before you plug it to your system! IF IT IS WRONG, YOU COULD DAMAGE YOUR SYSTEM!

Good luck and enjoy!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:08 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

Sorry, I had to make that easier to read, full credit goes to Snake Bite
Old 11-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Snake Bite

Looking for some information. I have the new 180G turbine. I have bench run it 3 or 4 times. I installed it in the jet and ran it 3 or 4 more times with no issues. Today I went to access the telemetry menu that was there when I first went through the menu, and it was not there. The turbine works perfect with no issue. Now finishing up the final details before my first flight. Is there a way to reset the ECU to get the telemetry menu back?

Thank you for your assistance,
Jake
Old 11-07-2017, 03:19 PM
aaronforth

The telemetry menu is not in the ECU. It's in the telemerty module. Plug your GSU into your telemetry module and you will gain access to the telemetry menu through the radio icon.

hope this helps
Aaron
Old 11-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Snake Bite

Thank you for the response Aaron! Unfortunately, I do have it plugged in to the telemetry module, but I think the issue might be due to using an extension cable on the GSU. I will try it direct and see if it works then. Thank you for the information as to where the telemetry menu is coming from. That helps me trouble shoot the issue more accurately.

Respectfully,

Jake
Old 11-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Snake Bite

Aaron,
Here is the update. I removed the extension and wired the GSU directly to the Telemetry module and it works. I then took two brand new extensions out of the pack and installed them, out of the jet on the bench, and neither will allow the telemetry menu to show up on the GSU. That is weird. I will try making a home made cable tomorrow, and try it, as the quality of the store bought cables is hit and miss.

Jake
Old 11-07-2017, 04:18 PM
aaronforth

Yes I agree that is wierd. I make most of my extensions and never had an issue.
I have an extension on my telemetry module mounted in my jet. Also an extention on GSU (So 2 extentions in total). All works flawlessly.

Aaron
Old 11-08-2017, 05:28 AM
Snake Bite

You are correct. I did make two and put them in the system, and they work perfectly. The two store bought extensions were junk.
All systems go! Just have to put everything back together and wrap the wires and ready for first flight.

Jake
Old 11-27-2017, 04:39 AM
ZivBit

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Guys

any news about the connection of the new kingtech telemetry unit, using Futaba 18MZ tx?
The latest version of the Futaba tx does not support the kingtech telemetry unit.

Ziv
Old 11-28-2017, 07:30 AM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by ZivBit
Hi Guys

any news about the connection of the new kingtech telemetry unit, using Futaba 18MZ tx?
The latest version of the Futaba tx does not support the kingtech telemetry unit.

Ziv
That s..ks I bought 3 telemetry modules and I still can run them on my 18mz...
Old 11-28-2017, 07:50 PM
clavin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snake Bite
Aaron,
Here is the update. I removed the extension and wired the GSU directly to the Telemetry module and it works. I then took two brand new extensions out of the pack and installed them, out of the jet on the bench, and neither will allow the telemetry menu to show up on the GSU. That is weird. I will try making a home made cable tomorrow, and try it, as the quality of the store bought cables is hit and miss.

Jake
YOU MUST use the Kingtech Telemetry Cable from teh King tech telemetry to the telemetry module...
It has a different polarity..
Old 12-01-2017, 10:17 PM
DepecheMode101
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it is no longer listed on the KTUSA site...... wonder why??

New Generation of engine being released ???
Old 12-01-2017, 10:55 PM
Desert Fox 1

Received 175 Likes on 139 Posts

Still listed at Pacific RC Jets.
http://pacificrcjets.com/collections...telemetry-unit

Cheers!
Desert Fox 1
Old 12-01-2017, 11:58 PM
DepecheMode101

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Desert Fox 1
Still listed at Pacific RC Jets.
http://pacificrcjets.com/collections...telemetry-unit

Cheers!
Desert Fox 1

Great so they still have them at kingtechusa in Pasadena?
Old 12-02-2017, 04:52 AM
dccatl

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DepecheMode101
Great so they still have them at kingtechusa in Pasadena?
Essentially the same business:
Kingtech USA:
289 S. Santa Anita Ave.Pasadena, CA 91107

Pacific RC Jets:
289 S. Santa Anita Ave. Pasadena, CA 91107
although they do state they have a warehouse in Oak Hills, CA
Old 12-04-2017, 07:07 AM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Kt support is not the same as it use to be, at least as web or online one, nothing to say about the in house work... I've sent numerous emails and whatsapp msg (i don't live in the states) to barry regarding this matter and other questions and no answers at all...
Still no answer or solution for us that use 18mz tx and got the telemetry modules, bummer....
Old 12-04-2017, 10:27 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Sorry to hear about the 18mz issue.

futaba did not work with kingtech at all on the telemetry. Barry tried to reach out to them and while all other radio manufactures where quick to reply and help futaba did not reply or to my knowledge
work with kingtech.

wish I knew how to help. I don't fly futaba anymore so my knowledge is limited. Barry also does not fly futaba.

have you reached out to futaba? It seems to work on other systems.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:40 AM
Yashung

Originally Posted by gunradd
Sorry to hear about the 18mz issue.

futaba did not work with kingtech at all on the telemetry. Barry tried to reach out to them and while all other radio manufactures where quick to reply and help futaba did not reply or to my knowledge
work with kingtech.

wish I knew how to help. I don't fly futaba anymore so my knowledge is limited. Barry also does not fly futaba.

have you reached out to futaba? It seems to work on other systems.

KT Telemetry used a default configuration from Futaba .
(1)please to make clean Slot8 to Slot21 .
(2)To select the JetCatV10 on Slot8
Please to refer the attached file.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	KTT_futaba.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	2246985  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.