Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

Telemetry?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 05:12 AM
jesse2357
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes and no. I originally set it for 1500 cause I have a 1.5l tank but that set the alarm off about halfway thru my flight so I played with it till I got it to the point where it goes off after my normally flight with 2 go around which leaves about enough fuel for a gear pass and 2 more go arounds It consistently comes down at the same point. What I don't know is if different size pumps change the values this is on a k45
Old 05-18-2017, 07:42 AM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Is there not some sort of 'pump factor' or 'fuelflow factor' that you can change?
Old 05-18-2017, 07:50 AM
jesse2357

I haven't looked yet,I just got it Thursday installed Friday and flew on Sunday now I'm a 1000 miles from home so till next week won't be able to look at it.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:54 AM
Springbok Flyer

I am waiting for mine to be delivered, but I think you will find that the unit has at least two adjustable parameters: usable fuel and pump factor. The first will be the fuel you can pump out after you have filled the tank - normally there will be some fuel left as it is virtually impossible to get it all out. Especially when you are not deliberately tilting the plane to extract the last drop. The latter will be a factor/number which you can change and thereby 'calibrate' your setup. This is done by doing a normal flight and then comparing the telemetry 'estimate' of the fuel remaining with the 'actual' fuel remaining. Depending on the difference (if there is), you then either increase or decrease the factor/number until the estimate and the actual is the same.

If this is indeed how this unit works, then the pump factor will pretty much be the same on all the same engines (ie. always the same if you use a 45 etc.) This way you don't have to fudge the tank size/usable fuel, but always enter the correct fuel pertaining to your model into the telemetry setup. Once we know for sure, we can collaborate and publish a list of pump factors for the various KingTech engines using the new ECU's, which will be very helpful for anyone wanting a reliable/close starting point.

Cheers,

Jan
Old 05-18-2017, 04:10 PM
jesse2357

well any settings that are adjustable is in the ecu cause as far as I know there isn't any settings on the telemetry unit
Old 05-27-2017, 06:21 AM
tymt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone managed to get this to work on a Futaba 14SG? Which sensor slots do you use? I'm getting a communication error when I try to register it.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:14 PM
jesse2357

hook your gcu in to the telemetry unit and go to radio settings and then telemetry, change it to futaba. you can also adjust tank size and pump factor
Old 05-27-2017, 03:00 PM
Springbok Flyer

Default Sounds like it works very similar to the Xicoy unit...

Originally Posted by jesse2357
hook your gcu in to the telemetry unit and go to radio settings and then telemetry, change it to futaba. you can also adjust tank size and pump factor
Wish I had mine.... from what I can gather, it works very much like the Xicoy units. All settings are changed via the GSU on the Telemetry unit. Very glad to hear it has both tank size (usable fuel) and pump factor (to calibrate and fine tune).

Please let us know what pump factor you end up with on your 45 (using your actual usable fuel volume - not an adjusted volume to end up with the right fuel remaining telemetry read out). In other words, don't fudge the tank volume to make the telemetry work - calibrate the unit by adjusting the pump volume until the telemetry result is correct. That way we will have a proper pump factor for a 45 that everyone can use - regardsless of the actual tank size/usable fuel volume our models have.

Cheers,

Jan
Old 05-27-2017, 03:05 PM
tymt

I believe it won't work with the 14SG until Futaba releases an update like they did with the 18. It won't recognize the Kingtech telemetry unit as a sensor.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:29 AM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

is it possible to use telemetry on a dual turbine setting using an 18MZ? will there be 2 screens with the info??
Old 05-31-2017, 01:33 PM
Springbok Flyer

Default The short answer is YES, but...

Originally Posted by skymaster68
is it possible to use telemetry on a dual turbine setting using an 18MZ? will there be 2 screens with the info??
To be specific in answering your question, you will need to give more information regarding your setup. Which telemetry adapter are you going to use? Which ECU's are you going to use? The telemetry options on the 18MZ are covered very well in it's manual, but basically it will depend on what sensors you allocate to the available slots and how you want to display the telemetry. The 18MZ has certain limitations, but many guys are using it, with telemetry and twin turbine installations.

Cheers,

Jan
Old 07-19-2017, 01:19 PM
Snake Bite
My Feedback: (6)

Has anyone tried to use the Kingtech KT Telemetry module with Spectrum DX18 radio? I purchased the unit to use instead of the GSU on start up. I have a three sheet instruction and I have followed it to the letter, however, I have not been able to get the unit to work. I am using a DX18 transmitter/ Powerbox Royal SRS w/ DSMX satellites/ Spektrum TM1000 telemetry module/ and the Kingtech K-180G turbine and ECU. All of this is less than a month old. I can connect the telemetry module to other receivers, how ever, when trying to add the Kingtech telemetry module, no data is transmitted from the Kingtech telemetry module.

If any one out there can lend a hand, I would greatly appreciate it. My first jet should be delivered in a week or two, and I would like to install this in this jet.

Thanks for any assistance!
Jake
Old 07-20-2017, 02:57 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I would try and get in touch with Dustin from Horizon hobby. He has been working on getting it working. I am not sure exactly what they did but you need to be careful what cable you use because I herd using the wrong cable will short the unit out.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:27 AM
Snake Bite

Thanks for the heads up. I will try and contact Dustin.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:44 AM
marquisvns

Yes, please make sure you use the cable that comes with the KingTech telemetry instead of Spektrum cable, thank you.

Barry
Old 07-20-2017, 09:19 AM
Snake Bite

Barry,
Can you please send me a picture of that cable? Thank you,

Jake
Old 07-20-2017, 09:30 AM
Snake Bite

Barry, I have the cable. Can you provide connection parameters for the Telemetry unit please?
Thank you,

Jake
Old 07-20-2017, 09:43 AM
aaronforth

I have the exact setup as you do, works flawless.
When you say you are not getting data from the KT telemetry are you sure its only KT? Have you tried others? Did you bind the TM1000 is correct order?
-Push the bind button on the TM1000 then power up your Royal SRS
-Go to TX menu in Royal and put it in bind mode
-bind your TX
-Turn off your royal SRS
-goto your Telemetry screen on DX18 and add turbine
-now power down the TX
-power up everything now.

With spektrum you dont have to change anything in the ECU telemetry menu, but you can still change your fuel amount and pump factor there..

as for cables..yes use the supplied 4 pin cable. If you take a close look, the leads are reversed on the other end of the plug. Unlike spektrum both ends are the same.I am using the supplied spektrum 4 pin cable daisy chained into my G force sensor with no issues.

Last edited by aaronforth; 07-20-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:05 AM
Snake Bite

Hi AARONFORTH,
Thank you very much for the reply! Quick question, the Spektrum TM connects to the Power Box via the with the data port using the JR to mini 3 pin connector cable. Then after I have establised the bind, I connect the Kingtech TM to the Spektrum TM via the suppiled x-bus cable from Kingtech. Is this correct?

Thank you for the assistance!

Jake
Old 07-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Snake Bite

AARONFORTH,
I just followed your instructions and my system came alive and my telemetry from the Kingtech is working perfectly!! Awesome! Thank you for your assistance! This was a big help!

My new jet is soon to be delivered and I am looking forward to installing the system and getting the model up and running!

Jake
Old 07-20-2017, 12:30 PM
aaronforth

Glad to hear it's working now
Old 07-20-2017, 12:37 PM
aaronforth

Just a quick note.

You have to make up a Y harness to get full telemetry from your royal srs. There is only one 4 pin spectrum port on the royal and KT . So make a Y harness and plug it into the tm1000. .from there plug your KT cable into it for the turbine. Other end you use a normal spektrum cabe to the royal
Make sense?

You have to make this Y harness...spektrum does not sell this.

I did see one on ebay some other company was making. If you buy one make sure it's the 4 pin NOT 3 pin telemetry cable
Old 07-20-2017, 02:44 PM
Snake Bite

Thank you! I will do that. Great information! Thank you for sharing.
Respectfully,
Jake
Old 07-25-2017, 10:44 AM
oukenfold

hello guys i have the k60 g2 turbine, and really want to see telemetry on my spektrum dx9 those this module works with my transmiter? and do some one have the instruction?
Old 07-25-2017, 11:14 AM
aaronforth

There is no printed instructions that I know of.

Jr style plug (3 pin) plugs into the GSU port on ECU. The other end plugs into the telemetry module.

Spektrum cable that is supplied (4 pin) plugs into the telemetry module. The other end plugs into your TM1000.

Go into your telemetry menu in your DX9 and select turbine.

Then bind your TM1000 and your RX.

When you power up your system after binding you should see telemetry on your DX9.

You can also plug in your GSU and go to radio menu. From there you can select your fuel perimeters.
Don't worry about not seeing a Spektrum selection. (Not required for Spektrum )

Hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.